Monday, 29 January 2007

Things that will NOT be on my list

Now I've mentioned Thelma and Louise, how many of you have seen 'My Best Friend's Wedding'?

For those of you who haven't the basic premise is of the almost thirty year old friends (and often MORE than friends) having made a pact that if neither were married by the time they turned thirty then they would tie the knot with each other.

Not quite sure why, maybe to avoid the awful situations poor Bridget (Jones, with the diary) ends up in. "How's your love life Bridge??" To satisfy societies obsession with finding 'the one' and not dying alone being half eaten by Alsatians maybe? (That's a German Shepherd BTW)

Ok, I'll admit I would like to find 'the one' (and on the odd occassion have been convinced I had found him) but by no means believe in a 'use by date' at which point I become an old spinster never to find love again. Cobwebs? I don't think so!!

I happen to find love exciting and full of possibilities, and I have at least one person in mind at the moment thankyou very much ;) you know who you are.

But I would never subject myself to the embarrasment and downright desparateness of things like "Yasmine's Getting Married" or poor Julia Robert's character chasing after the groom to be.

As her gay friend played by Rupert Everett asks "Who's chasing you? No-one, get it!"

I'd like to be chased thanks.

No comments: