Long hair, short hair, gleaming, flaxen, waxen...
I hope those are the right words, if I am wrong, I might feel like changing them...
Like my hairstyle, hair colour, hair length, the way it parts etcetera etcetera.
In typical Aquarian fashion I am unable to stick with something for longer than three months at a time. While growing up as a child I used to re-organise the furniture layout in my room on a quarterly basis, until once when I got it just right (about two years before I moved out of home) and my walls were covered in pictures of The Beatles and Paul McCartney (another story entirely).
I also did similar things to my hair. As I got older and the control of things in my life were gradually handed over from parent to child I went crazy with each and every one of them.
When I first left school I cut my hair short (and I mean SHORT short) and bleached it, then proceeded to dye it various colours within the brown, red and orange spectrum. I stopped short of blue and green though.
For a while I even buzz cut it to a number five all over... such a pretty young thing I was!
Eventually I forgot what my natural colour was, and after kids and not having the time or inclination to deal with regrowth I decided to let it grow out... I returned to my roots ie. my natural colour.
After all that time, in the same fashion as the rest of my family I had lost the pale creamy blonde of my childhood and ended up with a dark brown (my father) with reddish 'mahogany' tinges (from my grandpops apparently) in some areas and ash blonde (my mother) in others.
I often have people ask me if I've just coloured my hair or had streaks done. Just think of all the money I could have saved on hair dyes over the years!
Please note, that I will NOT be dying my hair blue OR green any time soon, I happen to believe blue and/or green hair should be saved for either halloween, footy season, or a rock concert, and as I don't get involved in any of those my hair will stay the way nature intended.

No comments:
Post a Comment