I have started something...
Well, I have become an inspiration to people!
A few people I know have started thinking about what they would put on their "before I'm 30" lists. Some are weeks away, others are well and trully over 30, but that's not the point.
You see, it's not about getting all this stuff done before you turn a certain age, in fact it's not even about actually DOING these things, but thinking about what makes up 'you' in the past, present and future.
By putting these things down on paper we can see some of the amazing things we've accomplished in our lives, even though we feel like we are average, and have led average lives.
You have to realise that what is mundane to one, is a leap outside the comfort zone for another.
While I climb Mt Kosciuszko, you might go on an expedition to the south pole.
While I go bathing at the local nude beach, you might step out in a bathing suit for the first time since having kids.
It's also taking stock of those things you've WANTED to do for years but procrastination and other commitments got in the way, and getting motivated to do some of them so that your last words aren't "I just wish I'd [insert adventure here]."

No comments:
Post a Comment