Friday, 16 February 2007

To err is human...

And to make typographical errors is... something... like... that... as well.

I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling, punctuation and grammar.

But typos are another thing, and bound to happen when you don't know how to touch type, but your fingers fly over the keyboard at 80 wpm anyway.

Incidentally, what is a grammatical error called anyway? If a typographical error is shortened to 'typo', is a grammatical error called a 'grammo'? Is spelling 'spello'?

Notice my lovely punctuation?

I frequent a number of online forums and the worst thing is dealing with people who neglect all the above.

Like this...

to err is human and 2 make typographical errors is something like that as well im a bit of a stickler for spelling punctuation and grammer but typoes are another thing and bound to hapen when u dont no how to touch type but ur fingers fly over the keybored at 80 wpm NEway incidently what is a gramatical error called anyway if a typographical error is shortened to typo is a gramatical error called a grammo is spelling spello notice my lovly punctuation i freaquent a number of online forums and the wurst thing is dealing with peopel who neglect all the above like this

These posts are usually full of emotive language, generally the poster is quite fired up about something, but one is unable to read the whole story, let alone understand it enough to offer any decent advice because we've given up after the first couple of lines.

I believe decent grammar and punctuation are essential tools to convey our message, and although I'll admit to an over use of the ellipsis, I think I do a pretty good job.

I will apologise in advance for any typos that fall through the cracks, and one by one I will correct them... in the meantime... bollocks to the lot of you! Hee hee, that includes you Dad!

1 comment:

Kez said...

Oh I so totally agree with you Lex. There are several posters on various forums I'm on (some of which we have in common lol) that I won't even read for that reason - I'm sure they have something valid to say but I have far better things to do with my time than decipher messages :) (Oh and I'm guilty of over-using the ellipses too... :))