Oh what a night...
SO last night was my little 29th birthday party.
It trully was the BEST birthday party I've ever had.
I had all my friends around me and no 'non-friends' ... with the exception of K who is verging on childbirth so was excused from the debauchery that is Saturday Night Karaoke!
I wore my cute little dress from last fortnight. Might as well dress for the occassion, and show of my two best assets in the process. (NB. one of my friend's hubbies has nicknamed me legs... the poor girl is mortfied by his behaviour!)
And we had so many lollies, I even ventured around the room and offered them to all the other regulars.
I also think I drank a little too much, I bought the first round of drinks when there were only three of us, and the rest of the night as soon as my glass was emptied another appeared, one of the other regulars bought us a bottle of champagne, which I thought was so sweet.
Of course everyone sang happy birthday to me (would you expect anything less at karaoke?) and I didn't die of embarrasment.
I got asked for my phone number too. This is the second guy I danced with last time (to Micheal Buble 'Sway'), and we've had our eyes on each other for a while I think, since before Xmas. Can you believe I refused!!! I think we agreed we were happy just flirting and having fun at karaoke, and we know we'll see each other next fortnight.
PLUS, our Karaoke night is our 'girls night out', and it would get wierd if boys became involved, particularly if it didn't work out.
So for now we've saved a permanent spot on each other's dance card and I'm happy with that.
Oh and HUGE hugs to Al, who had an accident and got carted off in an ambulance. The poor thing stumbled and twisted her ankle and injured her knee. I think it was embarrassment mainly, of having the ambo's come into the club and cart her off in the trolley/gurney.
Feeling a little hungover, a little worse the wear from no sleep, too many lollies and too much beer!
But all up a great night.

No comments:
Post a Comment