Saturday, 10 February 2007

Oh, to be young and stupid again!

Well my birthday night out at the nightclub was a real eye opener.

Not in terms of what nightclubs are like... I went to my fair share in my day, but it was a stark reminder of just HOW stupid I was in my 'young and stupid' days. And a good reminder never go pine over my lost youth.

As they say... "Youth is wasted on the young."

I didn't realise that there were so many young men who think it's impressive to use bad language and wave their 'groinal' area at women. I think 'disgraceful' is the word I would use.

Not to mention having to wait ten minutes for a drink! HA... you don't have to do that at Saturday night Karaoke! Nor do you have to worry about having your drink spiked... no leaving your drink unattended at the nightclub, that's for sure.

But we did do lots of dancing... and my B'Day Buddy Al, gosh she's got some moves! Actually I think we were all rather stunning out on the dance floor, doing a bit of bump and grind to the lastest techno and R&B beats. Funny thing though, the 70s Disco stuff always cleared the dance floor... am I that out of touch?? We thought it was cool anyway, gave us more room to do the John Travolta dance moves!

So at the end of the night we left, relieved that we were no longer 'young and stupid 18 year olds', and proud to be 'sensible almost 30 year olds' (sensible in comparison to stupid 18 year olds that is) although feeling a little worse for wear the next day. That's old age creeping up... next it'll be wrinkles, and walking frames. hehe.

No comments: