Dagnabbit, why did he beat me to it??
Having fairly recently got out of an very unhappy relationship full of letdowns, I am being very cautious withe the L word, and definitely not wanting to get into a proper relationship at the moment.
I had planned on talking to B about this on monday night over dinner, I wanted to make sure we knew where we stood, and that we were both heading in the same direction.
Well, the cheeky bugger has managed to beat me to it hasn't he!!
I got a message today saying he gets the feeling I want more than friendship and he's not after a relationship, sorry if he's given mixed signals, wants to remain friends, and that I deserve to be happy (bloody oath I do!).
It did take me by suprise, I wasn't expecting him to come out with it first.
But once over my initial shock, I replied saying "Thankgod!" and the last I'm wanting is a relationship at the moment, and that I was going to bring it up over dinner Monday night.
...and about the mixed signals. I too was worried about that, but signals do tend to get given out all over the place when you get naked with someone :-O
So at least we're at an understanding now... happy to keep flirting, be good friends, talk at karaoke, save that spot on the dance card, etc. Very much a no strings thing... which suits me perfectly!
Have told him he's still welcome for dinner monday... I'm going to have the kids out of the house anyway, so don't want the night to go to waste.

No comments:
Post a Comment