Friday, 2 March 2007

Shopaholic's Logic.

I am THE best bargain hunter there is.

I have this knack for finding the perfect thing in end of season sales marked down so they are practically giving them away.

Similar things happen when I do grocery shopping... for some reason everything on my shopping list will be on special the week I need to buy it!

I have been on a fairly strict budget since moving four months ago, but upon the arrival of my first electricity bill, being less than half what I expected, and having somehow saved DOUBLE what I'd expected, I had a bit of a windfall. And have been treating myself a fair bit over the last few weeks.

Went shopping again today and bought $180 worth of clothes and shoes.

Before you think I'm going to be living on potatoes for the next two months, let me tell the whole story.

Dress #1, from Target.
Similar style to 'the' dress Marilyn Monroe wears in the subway vent scene, but black.
Originally $60... I got it for $12!

Shoes, from Target.
Having no fancy, dark coloured shoes to wear with my new little black dress I checked out the shoes, gasping in horror at the current styles, with five inch stiletto heels and eight inch pointy toes all with pricetags to match, I managed to find a cute pair of 'slides' with sensible heels and pricetag to match of course.
Originally $30... going for $13!

Dress #2, from Myer.
I generally avoid Myer, for the obvious reason that you are paying (usually through the nose) for the BRAND NAMES, but it being that summer-autumn fashion season change they had lots of already reduced summer stock marked down a further 50%. I found the CUTEST little white 50s style strapless dress (it even has the 'boning' in the bodice) and HAD to get it.
Originally $90... bought for $30!

Two dresses and a pair of shoes originally $180 in total and I got the lot for $55.

Not a bad day's bargain hunting if I say so myself.

Now for the Shopaholic's Logic... If I got $180 worth of stuff and paid $55, that means I saved $125... do I get to go and spend that $125 on more stuff??

No comments: