Monday, 5 March 2007

Facing fears head on...

I have mentioned my social anxiety thing before.

And that I want to conquer it by throwing the Biggest 30th Birthday Bash ever.

Well I have seriously lost the plot. I just put in an application for one of those reality show things.

Although I love to sing, I would never audition for Idol, and I don't think I'd come out of my shell enough to go on Big Brother... plus I have too many skeletons in my closet that would come out to haunt me if I went on national TV.

But I guess this one is different. This is RADIO... less make-up required. Which anyone with kids will know is a bonus! And no-one will notice that I'm in desperate need of a hair cut. Nor will they notice the sweaty palms or the smeared banana or weebix from the kids' breakfast on my un-ironed clothes.

Yep, I think I could possibly consider being interested in vaguely coping with radio. (I sound like Marge Simpson deciding what franchise to invest in... Was it pretzels she decided on in the end?)

Hmm... These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Yep, even as I type this I am shaking like a leaf, but as I said in my application for The Casting Room I am taking my life by the horns!

There's a hell of a lotta bullshit you gotta wade through but... [insert witty line relating life to bullfighting here]

You get the idea anyway!

No comments: